Thursday 2 July 2009

Land Of The Gods... Something Tells Me I'm Gonna Fit In Fine Here... Part 4

“Sometimes, I wanna get away someplace, but I don’t wanna stay too long, sometimes, I want a brand new day, tryna fit in where I don’t belong. / Anywhere is good enough, hook me up” ~ The Veronicas


Not a lot’s been going on tbh, just usual holiday stuff, wanna come home now really lol, missing stuff back there too much + half a day when I get back’s not gonna be enough... wouldn't have agreed to go if I was in full-time employment at the time, just had nothing better to do back then so I thought I'd tag along lol T_T


Just watching a Greek mum picking up rocks from the sea and handing them to her toddler, who studies them intently for a bit, then violently throws them back into the sea... don’t know why, but I admire that chap.


Anyway, the adventure of the day is that I did a swim, far it was; good few miles each way. I drew a detailed and accurate pic above ^^ Lucky to get that preview u r, it’s going in the tate next month. Red's the route I took (I ran round for a bit so that I got hot before jumping in the icy sea. The purple thing’s a sign which I told my brother said ‘beware of the sharks’ as I got there first ^^) Use the pic from the last blog and u should be able to re-create the exact route I took in ur pathetic human brains. I needed to piss when I was out there again (...really don’t learn too good), but I was family members so I was a gent and held it in. Got worn out on the way back and tried to hitch a ride on me bro, but like the sap he is he started to drown so my dad came and beat me up T_T My legs don’t work too good now but I’m glad I saw what was the other side of them rocks ¬.¬

Might as well give a mini-review as there's not much else to talk about. Been listening to a lot of music out here, the current favourites like Jason Mraz, Matt Nathanson, Kelly Clarkson, Pixie Lott (excluding ‘Mama Do’ ofc – check out ‘Band Aid’) but one album I hadn’t really listened to much before I came out here is ‘The Veronicas’ latest album ‘Hook Me Up’. Takes me a while to get into artists, and the same is true with ‘The Veronicas’. When I first heard their UK debut single ‘Untouched’ I thought the song was alright and the video was pretty awesome. It grew on me over time until I looked up acoustic versions of their single on youtube, this is was got me started on em; thought they were a lot more talented than their heavily-produced single would lead you to believe. A similar thing with the album, did listen to it before I came away, and thought it was a little too electro-y for me, but the more I listened to it there r some really decent songs on there. A good mix, some really upbeat, clever songs like ‘Popular’ (love the second verse) and ‘Take Me On The Floor’ with some deeper songs like ‘I Can’t Stay Away’ and ‘In Another Life’ (which is probably my favourite track, and also the last on the album... probably not to unbalance the vibe). I’ll probably attempt to do my own version of it actually when my slag of a singing teacher stops trying to get famous and concentrates her talents on someone with real talent ;p but yeah I’m really impressed with the album, a wide variety of songs, some more my style than others, constantly clever and personal lyrics; definitely a grower in my opinion. They remind me a little of ‘Evanescence’ mixed with someone else but I can’t think who... possibly ‘The Ting Tings’? But yeah, two and a half thumbs up from me ¬.¬

Anyway, I’m gonna grab some lunch now so that I don’t do a death xx

No comments:

Post a Comment